PAVE Student Aid Program
The mission of PAVE is to connect students, educators and professionals who support the retail industry in a vibrant, meaningful, and mentoring format. To provide students with financial support and industry exposure. To connect educators and industry professionals–enriching curricula and encouraging industry dialogue. To provide retail industry businesses with new, qualified talent and encourage reciprocal investment in PAVE and to ensure the future viability of the retail industry by investing in the next generation of leaders.
| "Receiving the PAVE scholarship allowed me to take the last few steps I needed to achieve my goals. I was a full time Interior Architecture Student at CSULB supporting myself through school, which meant long hours and many sleepless nights. During my last, and most important year in the program, I found that my education was slowly falling from being my first priority. It was hard to find a balance between supporting myself, focusing on school, and interning at a well-known design firm. One year later, not only have I graduated from the Interior Architecture program with a BFA, I was also recognized for honors, and have had multiple job offers. The extra funds allowed my education to become my top priority again which gave me the confidence I needed to go out into the real world and create a future for myself."
– Ashley Eckenrod, 2013 PAVE Scholarship Recipient.
|“Receiving the scholarship meant that I could study abroad in Florence, Italy for the spring semester. Being able to live and study in another country gave me new perspectives on school, design, and culture. The scholarship allowed me to travel and explore the country and get a real appreciation for the Italian way of living. I couldn't be more grateful for this opportunity provided by PAVE.”
– Mary Connell, 2013 PAVE Scholarship Recipient.
Funding for the 2015 student aid program is available due to the generous contributions of the following companies in the retail environments industry:
The American Installation Companies PAVE Grant
The Crown Metal PAVE Grant
The Elevations Inc. PAVE Grant
The Flexecution PAVE Grant
The Goebel Fixture Co. PAVE Grant
The Kingsmen Projects Pte. Ltd. PAVE Grant
The Reeve Store Equipment Co. PAVE Grant
The Showbest PAVE Grant
The Stylmark PAVE Grant
The TJ Hale PAVE Grant
1. Student must be enrolled in a program working toward a degree in the retail environments industry, e.g., visual merchandising, store design, interior design, industrial design, and other programs for careers in the retail environments industry.
2. Student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better.
3. Student must be a full-time student enrolled in at least 12 credit hours.
4. Student is eligible for one assistance request per twelve-month period (twelve-month period starting from your first request).
5. A maximum of $2,500 per student will be awarded.
Both merit and need-based criteria will be used when making awards. Applicants' GPA and level of need will be considered
How to Apply
All requests must be received by Monday, October 12, 2015.
1. Complete, sign, and submit the PAVE Student Aid Application.
2. Submit a letter outlining your need.
3. Submit a copy of your current transcript.
4. Submit a letter from an educational advisor.
The following three items must be attached to your application form for your request to be considered:
1. Letter of Explanation:
• Reason for the request: must show compelling need with a detailed explanation of your situation and anticipated use.
• Circumstances that will make your situation different next semester/year.
2. Copy of your current transcript.
3. Letter of recommendation from an academic advisor.
How to Submit Application
Submit completed application via mail, fax or e-mail. Completed applications must be received by Monday, October 12, 2015.
4651 Sheridan St., Suite 470
Hollywood, FL 33021
Contact Caitlyn Bibza at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-241-4842.